Tourism Advancing Gloucester (TAG) is a group of local tourism operators working together to grow the Gloucester visitor economy, that’s worth $51million annually.
Gloucester is the closest town to world heritage Barrington Tops on the Barrington Coast of New South Wales, Australia.
TAG works closely with our town’s Visitor Information Centre run by Midcoast Council. We meet every two months. For more details contact the Chair on 0427 589 075.
Our members have identified the following Brand Values and Mission Statement which are used as a reference point for all our activities, as they specify our sense of purpose.
BRAND VALUES for Gloucester: (compiled Aug 2011 & revised Aug 2015)
- A remarkable setting at the foot of the Buccan Buccans (the Bucketts Mountains)
- Easily accessed by road and by rail, in a location handy to major centres
- Thriving rural heritage with a strong sense of community
- A comprehensive range of shopping options on a relaxed main street
- Cafes, wineries, pubs and clubs for all tastes and all seasons
- Extensive accommodation choices for any budget
- Impressive sporting facilities for all skills and abilities
- World heritage nature nearby for adventure and wellbeing
- Pristine rivers for swimming, paddling and platypus habitat
- Beautiful and productive farmlands providing food for the state
- Scenic drives that will change your outlook and maybe your life
- An emerald-green network of national parks, forests and conservation areas
- A year-long agenda of unique and entertaining events
- A farmers market that inspires other markets
- A wonderful place to live, work and play
MISSION STATEMENT for Tourism Advancing Gloucester:
Harnessing the strength of the Visitor Economy to sustainably grow all small businesses in Gloucester.