CovidSafe check-in is easy with the free ServiceNSW QR code app.
Signing in with your contact details when visiting a pub, restaurant or other business is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself and the community against Covid-19.
Providing this information helps make contact tracing more efficient, if it becomes necessary. This helps stop the spread of infection.
Businesses and organisations that are required to collect customer details must:
- keep the name and mobile number or email address of the customer/visitor for at least 28 days
- store the information confidentially and securely
- cooperate with NSW Health if contacted in relation to a positive case of Covid-19, and notify SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.
To help you with contactless customer record keeping, ServiceNSW has created a unique, free QR code app for your business that customers can scan when they visit. Customers will need to have the Service NSW app installed on their mobile to record their visit.
It makes the check-in seamless by sending accurate customer information directly to Service NSW. This means the data does not have to be stored by the business and it is readily available for NSW Health to access if it becomes necessary.
CovidSafe Check-in is available to all businesses in NSW and is provided as part of the CovidSafe registration pack.
Businesses who have already registered will be emailed their unique QR code.
Using the CovidSafe Check-in:
- When a customer arrives at a venue, they hover their phone camera or QR code reader over the code
- The smartphone reads the code and one of two things will happen:
- the customer will be asked to download the Service NSW app
- if they already have the app they will be taken to the check-in
- A staff member may check the successful sign in on the customer’s phone.