How to ensure your CovidSafe practices pass inspection.
MidCoast Council offers support for businesses to develop their mandatory CovidSafe plans and implement safe practices. Council’s Environmental Health team is visiting businesses to assist and Council has produced a short video to help raise awareness, both for businesses and customers of CovidSafe requirements.
The video shows the Environmental Health Officers at work during a real inspection, together with a broad overview of CovidSafe practices.
Inspections focus on the five point checklist, which includes:
- A completed CovidSafe Plan, implemented in its entirety
- Managing physical distancing and venue capacities
- Adopting good hygiene practices
- Excluding staff and patrons who are unwell or exhibiting symptoms
- Keeping records of patrons, contractors and staff.
The free inspections are well underway. Businesses who would prefer to make an appointment to minimise impact on daily operations, can contact MidCoast Council. Otherwise, inspectors will visit when they can to help you implement the five points above and comply with the public health order.
For resources including links to the public health order, templates and business advice, visit the ShopMidCoast business help hub.