Study looks at latest Instagram best practices, including hashtag use and caption length.
Instagram is on the rise!
Instagram’s active audience is now more than one billion per month but in order to get the most out of it, you need to know what the latest trends and usage behaviours are, and how to factor them into your process. Although this study was released late-2018, the findings are still applicable in 2020, perhaps even more so.
(Article by Andrew Hutchinson published on www.socialmediatoday.com 28 Nov 2018)
Quintly analysed 44,432 Instagram profiles and over 8.9 million cumulative posts from Jan-Sep 2018, to see what’s generating the most engagement, how profiles are growing, and to provide some indication of what you can expect.
Here’s what they found:
- Videos generate up to 21% more interactions than static posts
- Bigger profiles (ie. those with more followers) are more likely to utilize video
- Longer captions are more common, but shorter descriptions see more engagement
- Fewer hashtags (1-3) is better
- Emojis can spark response
- Weekends see high engagement
Read the full article at: www.socialmediatoday.com