Here’s a suggested Covid-19 Immediate Response Action Plan for tourism businesses.
Our region’s tourism industry has been savaged by drought, fire, flood and now the COVID-19 emergency.
Here are 4 practical things to help guide your focus right now, plus 4 more ideas to think about working on in the coming months.
(Article by Paige Rowett on www.tourismeschool.com published 19 Mar 2020)
Priority 1: Pivot and innovate your experience
Think about how can you adapt your experience to:
- Keep your staff and customers safe and healthy (based around health requirements by government) with social distancing/social isolation requirements?
- Deliver an experience people are still happy to spend money on?
- Support your own local community ride out the Covid-19 crisis?
Priority 2: Communicate, communicate, communicate
1. Keep in touch with staff
2. Keep in touch with your customers
3. Keep in touch with businesses in your region/sector.
4. Also keep in touch with your industry colleagues
Priority 3: Stay active on social media
It’s not business as usual, so it’s not right to keep posting as if it is. However, going quiet on social is also not a good plan as your community wants to hear from you, especially those of you in small business.
Priority 4: Self care
1. What small things do you need to do more of every day to look after yourself?
2. What do you need to do less of each day?
Four things to work on over the next few months
1. Experience Planning
2. Update Customer Touchpoints and Channels.
3. Learn, Learn and Learn
4. Get Responsible Travel Ready
Read the full article here.