How can I protect my health at this time?
NSW Health advises everyone to follow some simple hygiene tips with these precautions:
- Make sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub;
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or a flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
Anyone who has a particular health concern is encouraged to see your own doctor for advice specific to your personal health.
It’s essential that you obtain your information about COVID-19 from reliable sources: see the NSW Health Coronavirus FAQ page.
Where can I find more information?
Information on the current status of the virus in Australia, who is at risk, steps to take if you are at risk, and specific information for travellers and visitors is available at:
• The Australian Government’s coronavirus health alert page
• NSW Health
• World Health Organisation
• Healthdirect helpline 1800 022 222 for free health information and advice 24/7 in Australia.