Find out about available grants, funding plus waiving of rates and fees.
Following the devastating fires that swept through the MidCoast local government area during November 2019, there’s a range of information that may assist if your tourism business or property has been impacted by fires.
Check out the full list at MidCoast Council
And don’t miss the FREE information sessions to get assistance at Taree and Forster.
- MidCoast Council: council rates relief for 6 months; waiving of fees & charges relating to the rebuilding/redevelopment of properties damaged/destroyed;
- Rural Assistance Authority: Disaster Recovery Grants for small businesses, download the factsheet here ;
- Federal and NSW Governments: Economic Recovery and Community Resilience Grants for community & industry groups, local governments & incorporated bodies for projects that:
- support councils & community organisations to provide recovery services
- fund individual community initiatives or events that support local recovery
- deliver community information programs or commemorative events
- stimulate tourism & small business activity & create local job opportunities
- restore cultural & heritage sites
- build community resilience
- invest in community infrastructure in fire-affected communities
- Destination NSW: Micro Event Fund 2020, for local small events only from 01 May to 31 Dec 2020, download the factsheet here.
- Austrade: Regional Tourism Bushfire Recovery Grants for local government areas and regional tourism organisations, to restore visitor levels by supporting events, concerts, festivals, visitor attractions (such as art installations & tourist walks) & other tourism initiatives.