Tourism on the Barrington Coast is a star performer for total visitors and overnight stays!
The latest Value of Tourism document published by the NSW Government outlines the performance and value delivered by tourism on the New South Wales north coast for the calendar year 2018.
For the North Coast Region of which we are part:
- Total visitors = 14.133 million
- Total overnight stays = 25.008 million nights
- Total expenditure = $4.578 billion
- Spend per night = $183 per night
For the Barrington Coast component of the above figures:
- Total visitors = 2.224 million (=16% share)
- Total overnight stays = 4.296 million nights (= 17% share)
- Total expenditure = $772 million
- Spend per night = $179 per night
The Barrington Coast figures show an impressive increase from 2017: 9% increase in total visitation and 17% increase in overnight stays.
Additional good news is that Barrington Coast is the best performing of all the mid north coast destinations (a subset that includes Coffs Harbour, Bellingen, Nambucca, Kempsey, Port Macquarie & MidCoast LGAs) with the highest total visitors & highest overnight stays.
And when compared to whole North Coast region, Barrington Coast is equal first with Byron Bay for total tourism visitors (both at 2.2 million per year) and second only to Byron Bay for overnight stays.
So when it comes to tourism results outside Sydney, Barrington Coast really is among the best of the best!
Read full report here.