If you’re a Barrington Coast tourism operator wondering about best practices for success, here are some insights you should know about.
(Article by Rebecca White published on tourismeschool.com 01 Mar 2019)
Running a profitable tourism business is hard.
In my 19 years in the industry I have seen the full range of tourism business successes and failures.
There are those tourism businesses who are unfortunately no longer in business. No longer sharing their awesome part of their world with visitors.
This isn’t due to lack of a great product, but usually due to lack of customer demand for their product or service or not being able to charge enough to remain profitable.
On the flip side, there are the successful tourism businesses who are thriving today.
By successful and thriving I mean they are able to support their families and staff with a good income and running a business they love.
Of those who are successful, following are 10 traits which I have found are common with each of these businesses:
- Spend time working ON their business
- They understand their ideal customers
- They don’t compete on price
- Consumer-direct booking focus
- Understand what influences their customers
- They offer an exceptional experience
- Willing to say “no”
- Committed to creating content
- Invest in their website
- Build relationships with influencers
Read the full article here