Five social media marketing trends that will dominate 2019.
(By Aleh Barysevich published on www.socialmediatoday.com 4 Dec 2018)
The world of social media is constantly changing, bringing new trends, ideas, and unspoken rules each year. In most cases, the changes aren’t sudden or unexpected, but rather gradual and relatively predictable.
Here are the expected social media trends of 2019. Some of them are already here, and growing slowly, but aren’t at full hype just yet. Some are big and booming, and expected to get even bigger in 2019. Here are the most expected and notable shifts:
- Social listening: Social listening (monitoring) is the act of crawling the web and social media platforms to find all mentions of a brand (or any other keywords).
- Video content: Every year, video content continues to grow, and in 2019, video content is expected to once again dominate the market.
- Micro-influencers: As the number of social media influencers has grown over time, prices for their services have also skyrocketed. That’s lead more businesses to look at other alternatives, including micro-influencer marketing: those with less than 10,000 followers.
- Personalisation: Given the vast amount of information being uploaded by people each day, it’s become very easy to get insights into all kinds of information about the people sitting behind the screen.
- Timeliness: The almost immediate future of marketing is real-time communication. The social media trends in marketing are the 24/7 customer support, real-time social selling, chatbots, and constant monitoring for a potential social media crisis. This is because social media never sleeps.
Read the full article at: www.socialmediatoday.com